Scholarships In Canada
A Must Read Article: Ultimate Guide to Applying for ScholarshipsScholarships Alert: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the scholarship description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this scholarship after the scholarship description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a scholarship by attaching what has been demanded from you.
The Study in Canada Scholarships provide students from post-secondary institutions located in the new eligible countries/territories with short-term exchange opportunities for study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.
This student exchange program replaces the full-degree-based Study in Canada Scholarships program piloted in 2020. At least 50 scholarships will be awarded in the next competition, with the number increasing each year.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Details about Study in Canada Scholarships - EduCanada
Study in Canada Scholarships aims to increase opportunities for Canadian post-secondary institutions to welcome international students from a wide range of countries and territories on short-term exchanges for study or research.
Successful Canadian post-secondary institutions will have the opportunity to strengthen and diversify their international linkages and to promote their academic and research excellence in the new markets, in line with the objectives of Canada's International Education Strategy.
The new connections created through the program will diversify and enrich Canada’s education engagement with a diverse range of partners, strengthen bilateral ties, and complement the Government of Canada’s broader international trade diversification efforts.
Study in Canada Scholarships offered by EduCanada - Government of Canada is available to undertake Postgraduate, Masters, PhD level programs at Canada Universities.
- Scholarship Country: Canada
- Scholarship by: EduCanada
- Degree Level: Postgraduate, Masters, PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Funding for Study in Canada Scholarships is made available by Global Affairs Canada through its legal title: the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
Scholarship value and duration
The Canadian institution will receive funding from DFATD for all successful candidates in the form of a contribution agreement and will be responsible for providing the funds to scholarship recipients.
Scholarship values vary depending on the duration and level of study:
- CAD 10,200 for college, undergraduate or graduate students (Master's and PhD) for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research; or
- CAD 12,700 for graduate students (Master's and PhD) for a period of five to six months of study or research.
In addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD, Canadian host institutions will receive CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
In certain cases, Canadian institutions may be eligible for reimbursement of additional employer compliance fees paid to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Scholarship funds should be used towards:
- visa or study/work permit fees;
- airfare for the scholarship recipient only via the most direct and economical route;
- health insurance;
- living expenses, such as accommodation, utilities and food;
- ground transportation, including a public transportation pass; and
- books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
The Canadian institution will receive funding from DFATD in the form of a contribution agreement and disburse funds to scholarship recipients according to its internal processes.
Should a recipient not take up the scholarship, Canadian institutions must return all funds, including the administrative fee, to DFATD.
Candidates must be:
- citizens of one of the following eligible countries/territories:
- Asia: Bangladesh, Nepal, Taiwan;
- Europe: Turkey, Ukraine;
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia;
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda; and
- enrolled as a full-time student at a post-secondary institution in an eligible country/territory and paying tuition fees to that institution at the time of application and for the full duration of the exchange.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Candidates are not eligible:
- if they hold or have a pending application for Canadian citizenship or permanent residency;
- if they are already participating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada; and
- if they are already enrolled in a degree, diploma or certificate program at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
Canadian post-secondary institution eligibility
The Canadian post-secondary institution must:
- be a Designated Learning Institution (DLI);
- have a valid student exchange agreement with the candidate’s home institution that waives tuition fees for scholarship recipients. For college and undergraduate research applications with no agreement, a letter issued by the Canadian institution’s international office or equivalent will be accepted; and
- inform both the candidate and their home institution of any mandatory fees that, in exceptional cases, cannot be waived, prior to applying for a scholarship on the candidate's behalf.
Eligible and complete applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- the merit of the research or study to be undertaken in Canada;
- the benefit to the home institution and peers;
- the benefit to the Canadian institution, supervisor and peers;
- strength of the linkages to be created through the proposed exchange; and
- rankings submitted by the Canadian institution.
Note: Priority will be given to candidates who have not previously received a scholarship under the Study in Canada Scholarships program.« Go back to the scholarships list
RELATED SCHOLARSHIPS >> CLICK A SCHOLARSHIP BELOW TO READ & APPLY
- This is NOT the official scholarship page.
- This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship.
- While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice.
- For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider.
- Any reliance you place on information from mycollegemag.com is strictly at your own risk.