Scholarships In Canada
A Must Read Article: The Dos and Don'ts of Scholarship Applications: Common Mistakes to AvoidScholarships Alert: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the scholarship description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this scholarship after the scholarship description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a scholarship by attaching what has been demanded from you.
Algoma University offers scholarships to support students with the expenses associated with studying at the institution. These scholarships are primarily awarded based on academic excellence and your latest academic background.
Algoma University is a reputable institution located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada. It is known for its commitment to providing a personalized and supportive learning environment for students. The university offers a range of undergraduate programs in fields such as Business, Computer Science, Psychology, and Environmental Science, among others. Additionally, Algoma University prides itself on its small class sizes, which allow for more individualized attention from professors and foster an engaging learning atmosphere.
As an international student studying at Algoma University, you can expect a culturally diverse and inclusive community. The university values the contributions of international students and provides various resources to support their transition and integration into the Canadian education system.
The International Centre at Algoma University offers assistance with immigration, visas, and other practical matters, as well as organizing events and activities that celebrate different cultures. Moreover, the university provides academic support services, including tutoring and writing centers, to ensure that international students have the necessary tools for academic success.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Overall, studying at Algoma University as an international student offers a unique opportunity to experience a welcoming community, receive individualized attention, and pursue academic excellence in a beautiful natural setting.
Undergraduate and Graduate level programs at Algoma University.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
#1. Chancellor's Award: $5,000 Renewable
The Chancellor's Award at Algoma University is a scholarship designed for international high school graduates who are starting their first year of undergraduate studies at the university. This scholarship is valued at $5,000 per academic year. To be eligible, candidates must be enrolled as full-time students, taking a minimum of 15 credits per term during the Fall/Winter semesters.
To qualify for this scholarship, students must have achieved an exceptional academic record, with a minimum A+ average (or equivalent) in their previous studies. Additionally, international students must meet specific language requirements upon admission. These include scoring a minimum of 185 overall on the Cambridge Assessment of English, achieving 125 on the Duolingo Test of English (DTE), obtaining an overall IELTS score of 7.0 with no band less than 6, scoring 65 on the Pearson Test of English (Academic), or achieving a minimum TOEFL score of 560 (85 internet-based).
The Chancellor's Award is renewable for up to three additional years, provided that students maintain a yearly average of 80 percent across all their courses. Students must also maintain enrollment in a minimum of 12 credits per term during the Fall/Winter academic year.
If a student fails to meet the required criteria in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded, and they will no longer be eligible for renewal in subsequent years. However, recipients of the scholarship who transition to permanent residency status will still be considered for scholarship renewal, and their transition will not affect the funding of the scholarship award.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
#2. President's Award: $2,500 Non-Renewable
The President's Award is a non-renewable scholarship offered to international high school graduates who are beginning their first year of undergraduate studies at Algoma University. This entrance scholarship has a value of $2,500. To be eligible, candidates must be enrolled as full-time students, taking at least 12 credits per term during the Fall/Winter semesters.
International students who are studying in an Ontario secondary school and meet the requirements of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) must achieve a grade ranging from 80 to 89.9 percent in their top six Grade 12 U/M courses submitted for admission in order to qualify for this scholarship.
#3. Dean's Award: $1,000 Non-Renewable
The Dean's Award is an entrance scholarship provided to international high school graduates who are commencing their first year of undergraduate studies at Algoma University. This scholarship is valued at $1,000. To be eligible, candidates must be enrolled as full-time students, taking a minimum of 12 credits per term during the Fall/Winter semesters.
In order to qualify for this scholarship, students must have attained a minimum B+ average (or its equivalent in their country) on their previous academic record. This academic achievement is a requirement for consideration for the Dean's Award.
#4. Award of Excellence: $500 Non-Renewable
The Award of Excellence is a scholarship granted to international high school graduates who are embarking on their first year of undergraduate studies at Algoma University. This entrance scholarship is valued at $500. To be eligible, candidates must be enrolled as full-time students, taking a minimum of 12 credits per term during the Fall/Winter semesters.
To qualify for this scholarship, students must have achieved a minimum B average (or its equivalent in their country) on their previous academic record. This academic performance is a prerequisite for consideration for the Award of Excellence.
To check more international scholarships click here
These scholarships are open to international students of all nationalities except American students, as they are already eligible for a significant tuition discount.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- International students considered for the following awards must have a temporary resident visa, as a member of the student class under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act of Canada, on the first day of classes.
- All students who are required to pay the international differential fee including university transfers, second-degree students, college diploma graduates, and college transfer students are eligible for the Entrance Scholarship.
- Students must complete all their qualifying requirements in the academic year prior to commencing studies at Algoma University.
- Under no circumstances will international scholarships be deferred. Students must accept the terms and conditions of admission and the scholarship awarded for the year the offer was made.
- As awards require enrolment over two semesters within an academic year (Fall/Winter), students entering in the Winter or Spring term will be considered for awards in the next academic year
- Entrance scholarships are for undergraduate degree programs only.
RELATED SCHOLARSHIPS >> CLICK A SCHOLARSHIP BELOW TO READ & APPLY
- This is NOT the official scholarship page.
- This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship.
- While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice.
- For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider.
- Any reliance you place on information from mycollegemag.com is strictly at your own risk.