Masters / PhD In Australia : University Of Tasmania RTP Scholarships for International Students 2023Masters / PhD Scholarships 2024
Scholarships In Australia
A Must Read Article: The Dos and Don'ts of Scholarship Applications: Common Mistakes to AvoidScholarships Alert: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the scholarship description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this scholarship after the scholarship description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a scholarship by attaching what has been demanded from you.
The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program funded by the Australian Government to support domestic and international students pursuing Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) at eligible Australian higher education providers. The scholarship provides financial support, covering tuition fees, living costs, and research expenses, allowing students to focus on their research and academic pursuits.
It offers flexible funding arrangements and is awarded based on academic merit and research potential, encouraging collaboration between higher education providers, industries, and other research end-users. The duration of the scholarship varies, supporting Doctoral candidates for up to three years and six months and Masters by Research candidates for up to two years.
Recipients are expected to maintain satisfactory academic progress, and there is no bond obligation after completing the studies. The RTP Scholarship provides a valuable opportunity for talented individuals to excel in their research endeavors and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in various fields.
The main goals of the Research Training Program (RTP) are as follows:
- To provide flexible funding arrangements to support the training of both domestic and overseas candidates pursuing Higher Degrees by Research at Australian Higher Education Providers.
- To equip graduates with the necessary skills to establish successful careers in academia and other sectors of the labor market.
- To foster collaboration between Higher Education Providers, industry, and other research end users.
- To offer support to overseas candidates pursuing Higher Degrees by Research at Australian Higher Education Providers.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The RTP serves as the principal program of the Commonwealth Government, aimed at supporting promising researchers across all fields of study. The University of Tasmania, in conjunction with the Commonwealth Department of Education, administers the program. Award holders receive all entitlements under the award from the University.
For the successful candidates, the University provides the RTP Stipend to aid with living costs during their Higher Degree by Research. Additionally, an RTP Allowance is available to assist with relocation expenses to undertake the research program in Tasmania. It's essential to note that international candidates who become permanent residents or citizens of Australia during their candidature will become liable for the Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) as determined by the University.
Masters, PhD level programs at University of Tasmania.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
RTP Stipend Rate: Full-time candidates will receive a stipend of AUD$31,500 per year, which is non-taxable (2023 rate, subject to annual indexation). The stipend rate for subsequent years remains the same as the preceding year, adjusted in accordance with the method outlined in Part 5-6 of the Higher Education Support Act 2003.
RTP Stipend Period of Support: The period of support begins from the date of enrollment in the Higher Degree by Research, except when the RTP Scholarship is awarded after candidature commencement. The duration of the award is 3 years and 6 months for doctoral candidates and 2 years for master's candidates.
No extensions are permitted. A candidate's support period will be increased proportionally for approved periods of paid leave as specified in section 14 and approved by the University. However, the support period of an RTP Stipend will be reduced by any periods of study undertaken towards the degree before the RTP Stipend commencement. No provisions for an RTP Stipend extension exist.
RTP Allowances - Relocation Allowance: Award holders are eligible to apply for a one-time relocation allowance of up to AUD$2,000 in total to cover relocation costs to Hobart, Launceston, or the Cradle Coast, either from within Australia or from overseas upon receiving the award.
The allowance includes one-way travel expenses for the award holder, their spouse/partner, and dependent children, equivalent to the most economical economy airfare to Hobart, Launceston, or Burnie. If the award holder chooses to travel by car, they will receive a per-kilometer allowance as determined by the University.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Claims for the relocation allowance must be submitted:
- After travel has been completed and the award holder has been enrolled.
- Within 6 months of the award's commencement date.
- Using the HDR Relocation Claim form in the Service Portal, along with electronic copies of receipts.
Please note that accommodation, rental bond, or meal costs are not included in the relocation claim.
This scholarship is open to international students of all nationalities.
Eligibility for RTP Stipend and RTP Allowance:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited Higher Degree by Research at the University.
- Can be a domestic or overseas candidate.
Eligibility for RTP Stipend:
- Should not receive income exceeding 75% of the candidate's RTP Stipend rate to support general living costs during the Higher Degree by Research.
- Income unrelated to the course of study or not for general living costs will not be considered.
Eligibility for RTP Fees Offset:
- Should not receive an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth Government to offset Higher Degree by Research tuition fees.
- All domestic applicants in 2023 will be offered an RTP Fees Offset, provided they are not receiving an equivalent award or scholarship.
Commencement and Delay of RTP Scholarship:
- Awardees must accept and commence by the dates stated in their offer letter.
- Formal application for delaying commencement must be submitted to the Dean of Graduate Research with a reason, proposed new enrolment date, and supervisor's support.
- Delay beyond 1 December 2023 will not be approved.
- Failure to enroll and commence without permission for delay will result in offer withdrawal.
Period of Support for RTP Scholarship:
- Subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Terminates on the award's expiry or submission of the thesis for examination, whichever comes first.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the scholarships list
RELATED SCHOLARSHIPS >> CLICK A SCHOLARSHIP BELOW TO READ & APPLY
- This is NOT the official scholarship page.
- This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship.
- While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice.
- For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider.
- Any reliance you place on information from mycollegemag.com is strictly at your own risk.