Masters / PhD In Canada : University Of Waterloo Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023Masters / PhD Scholarships 2023
Scholarships In Canada
A Must Read Article: The Dos and Don'ts of Scholarship Applications: Common Mistakes to AvoidScholarships Alert: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the scholarship description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this scholarship after the scholarship description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a scholarship by attaching what has been demanded from you.
The University of Waterloo is offering Graduate Scholarships for international and domestic students. The scholarship is normally valued at $1,000 per term for up to three terms. It will be awarded to graduate students registered full-time in a Master's or Doctoral program at the University of Waterloo.
Students who are willing to apply for graduate scholarships must have a minimum of 80% (cumulative average) in their current program. Students do not require any application, eligible graduates will be automatically nominated based on their allocation fund.
University of Waterloo Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022-2023 is available to undertake Masters, PhD level programs at University of Waterloo.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Normally a minimum of $1,000 per term for up to three terms (value and duration may vary, depending on other funding the student may be receiving).
- Domestic and international graduate students registered full time in a Master's or Doctoral program.
- Minimum first-class (80%) cumulative average in the current program or over the last two full-time academic years required.
- Must be within the time limits of the program.
- No application is required. Departments will nominate students automatically based on their allocation of funds.
English language proficiency (ELP)
The official language of instruction at the University of Waterloo is English. It's our responsibility to ensure that all students have the English language skills required to be successful.
Please visit the GSPA webpage for COVID-19 updates for graduate students for more ELP test taker options while ELP Testing Centres remain closed.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Accepted ELP tests:
- Internet-based TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language
- We are not accepting TOEFL MyBestTM scores to meet the ELP requirement, the required scores must be met in a single test.
- When ordering your TOEFL from the Education Testing Service (ETS) use:
- Institution code - 0996 (University of Waterloo).
- Department code - 01 (Graduate Studies).
- IELTS (academic) - International English Language Testing System
- C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency
- CAEL - Canadian Academic English Language
- PTE (academic) - Pearson Test of English
- EFAS - English for Academic Success
It is important to know:
- ELP scores are valid for two years from the test date.
- Visit our program pages for specific ELP program requirements.
- Letters from your university stating the medium of instruction is English do not satisfy Waterloo admission requirements.
- Complete your test at least two months before the application deadline to ensure your scores reach us in time. It will take 4-6 weeks for your official test score to reach Waterloo.
- Learn more about our ELP tests and scores in the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar.
Conditional English language proficiency admission
- If you are applying to a graduate program, have supplied an ELP test but and are slightly below the required score, conditional admission may be offered.
- If you are applying with a sponsorship that includes funding for English language studies, conditional admission may be offered.
You are exempt from submitting an English language proficiency examination score if any one of the following conditions is true at the time of application to Waterloo:
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- You have completed three or more years of post-secondary education at a Canadian institution or university. or
- You have completed a graduate degree at a Canadian university. or
- You have completed three or more years of post-secondary education, or completed a graduate degree in an exempt country listed below. or
- You have been employed for at least three years in a position in which English was the language of business in a country listed below. or
- You have completed three or more years of post-secondary education, or completed a graduate degree at a university where English is listed as the only language of instruction on the International Association of Universities World Higher Education Database (WHED).
- Note: ELP exemption from a WHED institution expires two years after graduation.
RELATED SCHOLARSHIPS >> CLICK A SCHOLARSHIP BELOW TO READ & APPLY
MyCollegeMag Scholarships Widget
Display Scholarships on your website or blog for FREE!!Get Started !!
- This is NOT the official scholarship page.
- This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship.
- While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice.
- For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider.
- Any reliance you place on information from mycollegemag.com is strictly at your own risk.