Scholarships In UK
A Must Read Article: The Dos and Don'ts of Scholarship Applications: Common Mistakes to AvoidScholarships Alert: Click here to join us on Telegram
1. Patiently scroll down and read the scholarship description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this scholarship after the scholarship description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a scholarship by attaching what has been demanded from you.
The SJLP (Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine) Rhodes Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship that enables talented young people from the Middle East to study at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. The scholarship was established in 2016 by the Rhodes Trust and the Saïd Foundation, and it is one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world.
The SJL Rhodes Scholarship is open to students from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Palestine who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, leadership potential, and a commitment to public service. Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25, and they must have completed their undergraduate studies at an accredited university.
The selection process for the SJLP Rhodes Scholarship is rigorous. Applicants must submit an application form, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement. They will also be interviewed by a panel of judges.
The SJLP Rhodes Scholarship is a life-changing opportunity. Scholars have the opportunity to study at one of the world's leading universities, and they also have the opportunity to network with other talented young leaders from the Middle East. The scholarship also provides scholars with financial support, which can help them to pursue their academic and professional goals.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
If you are a talented young person from the Middle East who is interested in applying for the SJLP Rhodes Scholarship, I encourage you to learn more about the program and to start your application. The deadline for applications is usually in the fall.
Masters and PhD level programs at the University of Oxford.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Here are some of the benefits of the SJL Rhodes Scholarship:
- Fully funded: The scholarship covers tuition, fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
- Opportunity to study at Oxford: Oxford is one of the world's leading universities, and it offers a wide range of academic programs.
- Networking opportunities: Scholars have the opportunity to network with other talented young leaders from the Middle East.
- Life-changing experience: The SJLP Rhodes Scholarship is a life-changing opportunity that can help you to achieve your academic and professional goals.
PLEASE NOTE: Under no circumstances does the Rhodes Trust pay stipend (living expenses) beyond the third year of Scholarship. Alternative sources of funding could include self-financing, grants, other external scholarship support, loans or family support. The Rhodes Trust will require appropriate evidence of alternative funding.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
This scholarship is open to international students from Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, or Palestine, or legal permanent/temporary residents in Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, or Palestine
- Nationality/citizenship: Applicants must be Syrian, Jordanian, Lebanese, or Palestinian, or legal permanent/temporary residents in Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, or Palestine.
- Education/residency: Applicants must have either been resident in or received at least 5 years of education in Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, the West Bank, Gaza, or Israel. Some discretion may be considered for Syrian applicants, and they are advised to contact the National Secretary for further advice.
- Age: There are two age criteria:
- Applicants must be aged 18-25 on 1st October 2023 (born after 1st October 1997 and before 2nd October 2005).
- Alternatively, for older candidates, applicants must be under the age of 27 on 1st October 2023 (born after 1st October 1996) and have either completed their first undergraduate degree on or after 1st October 2022 or faced disruptions during their undergraduate education due to national circumstances.
- Academic achievement: Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree by July 2024, meeting or exceeding the specific entry requirements of their chosen course at the University of Oxford. Having a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent, or a GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher, increases the chances of successful admission.
- English Language: Applicants must meet the University of Oxford's English language requirements. They should either qualify for a test waiver by using the University's self-assessment tool or provide test results with scores that meet the higher level requirement. The University's webpage provides details on accepted tests, required scores, and conditions for a language test waiver.
RELATED SCHOLARSHIPS >> CLICK A SCHOLARSHIP BELOW TO READ & APPLY
- This is NOT the official scholarship page.
- This is only a one-page summarized listing of the scholarship.
- While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, information may change at any time without notice.
- For complete and updated information, please always refer to the official website of the scholarship provider.
- Any reliance you place on information from mycollegemag.com is strictly at your own risk.